Post 119 Will’s Creek Vineyards, Duck Springs, Al
Will’s Creek Vineyards, Duck Springs, Al
April 23, 2018
Beginning our trek home is sad and exciting. The trek is sad, because our winter adventure is almost over. The homeward bound trail is also difficult to find interesting or free places to stay. Then we found Will’s Creek Vineyards, in Duck Springs, Al.
The trek is exciting because we are heading home to our 3rd new grandchild about to be born in early June to our oldest son Bill and his wife Lisa. We are very excited about that :). We are also looking forward to seeing our newly engaged son Sean and Fiancée Marie Sophie that we have yet to congratulate in person.
How we found Will’s Creek Vineyard
Will’s Creek Vineyard was a cozy little vineyard we found with our Harvest Hosts site. The young girl who served us, knew her wines and was super friendly.
We were given several wines to taste after looking around this adorable little shop. After much discussion and sampling, we had to make a tough decision and narrow our choices down to a few lol. We then decided to purchase a couple of bottles of wine to take home with us. Although, they never seem to make it all the way home lol.
Will’s Creek Vineyards
Will’s Creek Vineyard may be a small Vineyard, but this establishment seems to have so much to offer. They have a huge beautiful area out back with a very large pond that allows RVers like us to come and park our trailer for free over night. We got to watch magnificent eagles swoop down into the pond and catch a fish to carry away in their talons for their dinner.
Will’s Creek Winery also offers their guests:
Borrowed from their website;
- Tasting room with over 20 varieties of wine to sample for free and available for purchase
- Gift shop with all kinds of wine and food-related specialty items and gift baskets
- Tours of the processing rooms for a peek into how wines are made
- Monthly wine making classes and other seasonal events
- Home winemaker corner providing all the necessary supplies for home wine and beer makers.
- A gorgeous deck with a view of the Appalachian mountain pea shell hills and overlooking the Duck Springs nature preserve and pond. Enjoy wine by the glass, cheese plates or platters, or deluxe summer sausage/cheese/fruit platters.
- Meet the owners, and see why visitors love to return time and again to Wills Creek Vineyards.
As a stop over, this was a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon and evening. We did have internet with our T-Mobile, but it was only Extended and only one of us could be on at a time.
A lovely little oasis 🙂
I’ll keep this winery in mind. We’ve Harvest Host also so that will make it nice knowing of your experience there….such trailblazer’s you two’ve become 🙂 🙂